Things to do New Year’s Eve: Best Events, Parties and Fireworks Displays
New Year’s Eve is the biggest party night of the year. That’s why it’s important to know how to plan your New Year’s Eve celebrations. You can find some great ideas for New Year’s Eve parties, events and fun in many cities across America. Here are some of our top picks for places to watch fireworks, celebrate and ring in 2019:
New York City
Times Square is the most famous spot for New Year’s Eve celebrations in New York City, but there are many other places to go.
- Central Park: The Midnight Ball will take place at midnight on December 31st and it’s a free event held at Central Park. There are also other parties going on throughout the night, so if you want to stay out longer than midnight this is an option!
- Brooklyn Bridge: If you want something more low-key then check out one of their bars or restaurants near the bridge where they have live performances from DJs and bands playing music all night long until 5am (or 6am depending on where you are). They also offer food trucks which come around often throughout the evening too!
If you want to ring in the new year with a bang, Las Vegas is the place to be. The city has a lot of great parties and events for New Year’s Eve that will make your night memorable.
- The Bellagio: Located on the Strip at 3799 Las Vegas Blvd S., this hotel has been one of the most popular hotels in Las Vegas ever since it opened its doors back in 1991. It’s known for its beautiful gardens and fountains that are displayed throughout the property each hour on New Year’s Eve until midnight when they turn off all lights except for those from above such as fireworks or laser beams shooting up into sky (or whatever). A great place to watch these displays would be from any outdoor seating area at either inside poolside cabanas or even atop one of their famous waterfalls!
- Caesars Palace: This hotel offers over 5500 guest rooms spread across two towers along Flamingo Road; both towers feature different themes ranging from Greek mythology to Roman history so there’s something here for everyone who wants something unique about their stay without costing too much money either financially speaking ($$$). This location also includes several restaurants including Wolfgang Puck Express located inside Caesar’s Palace itself which serves up delicious food options every day during normal business hours as well as specific times like lunchtime/dinner time during peak season months due how busy things tend get around here especially near holidays such as Christmas Eve/Day plus New Year’s Eve itself which happens annually only twice annually (Christmas Day holidays) followed by another holiday weekend period called “Labor Day Weekend” where people flock back home after spending time away traveling abroad during vacation periods between now end July through September timeframe so plan ahead if planning anything soon!
Times Square is the most famous place in the world to ring in the new year, but it’s also home to some of New York City’s best parties, celebrations and fireworks displays.
The ball drop is a tradition dating back to 1907 when it was first featured in a movie called “New Year’s Eve.” The ball drop has since become an integral part of New Years Eve celebrations around the world.
If you’re looking for a place to celebrate New Year’s Eve, Miami Beach is the perfect spot. The weather is always perfect and the beaches are beautiful, so it’s easy to get in some relaxing time before the big party. Plus, if you’re planning on spending all day at one event or another (like we did), you can make plenty of stops along South Beach during your travels through town.
Miami has plenty of fun events planned as well—including an oceanfront fireworks display by Cirque de Soleil! We had such an amazing time that night; it was definitely worth making our way down there just to see what would happen next!
New Orleans is known for its music, food and Mardi Gras celebrations. It’s also a great place to visit year-round. The city offers plenty of festivals and events throughout the year, including Jazz Fest in April or May (which attracts over 900,000 people), St Patrick’s Day Parade in March/April, French Quarter Festival in June…the list goes on!
New Orleans has something for everyone: from gambling at the world-famous casino hotels to exploring historic neighbourhoods like Bourbon Street or eating at one of many local restaurants – there will be lots happening!
The city of San Francisco has a variety of events, parties and fireworks displays to keep you entertained during New Year’s Eve.
- Muni will be running 24/7 with no service suspensions
- The Bay Bridge will be closed for fireworks (but not until 11pm)
- The Embarcadero will be closed for fireworks (but not until 10pm)
- Ferry Building will open at 10am through midnight on New Year’s Eve. This includes its main food court as well as its outdoor areas where you can enjoy live music or watch the sun set over Alcatraz Island. You can also visit one of several bars inside if you’re looking for something a little more low-key than what’s happening outside! If all this sounds like too much fun, then don’t worry—there are other ways to ring in 2019 without missing out on any fun activities happening around town!
Philadelphia is home to one of the best fireworks shows in the country. The show is called A Philadelphia New Year’s Eve, and it’s produced by Macy’s. It takes place at Franklin Square, on the corner of 7th and Race Streets.
The event features fireworks from all over downtown as well as some special effects like explosions and waterfalls made from LED lights that shoot into the air above you!
Niagara Falls is a collective name for three waterfalls that straddle the international border between Canada and the United States. It is the most popular tourist attraction in New York, drawing over 6 million visitors annually.
Niagara Falls is one of seven natural wonders designated by UNESCO, and it’s no wonder why: The world’s highest-volume liquid discharge rate (1,800 cubic feet per second) cascades down more than two miles through sheer rock cliffs into Lake Ontario; there are actually several different types of waterfalls here—the Maid of the Mist tour boats take you up close to explore these amazing sights firsthand!
There are a few events you can catch in Chicago if you’re looking for something fun, but we’ve highlighted the top events below.
- Navy Pier fireworks: This year’s fireworks display will take place on New Year’s Eve at 5 p.m., which is great because it means there will be plenty of time before midnight! You’ll also get to see a unique vantage point as part of this event—the Ferris wheel has been moved to allow spectators to view the pyrotechnic show from above! If that isn’t enough excitement, check out our full list of New Year’s Eve events in Chicago here: http://www.cbschicagojourneys.com/new-years-eve/.
Boston is home to the oldest annual marathon in the world, held since 1897. Boston is also close to New York City and Montreal, as well as Cape Cod. The city has a large Irish population and several universities (including Harvard). There are also many museums, historical sites and other attractions that make this city a great place for New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Avoid the crowds and stay home!
- Stay home and watch the fireworks.
- Have a party with friends or family.
- Make a list of things you want to accomplish in the new year, and write them down on paper so they’re easy for you to remember when the time comes for making resolutions.
- Plan what you want to do next year by thinking about how much fun it would be if that thing existed (like rocket launchers).
There are so many events happening on New Year’s Eve that it can be hard to decide where to go. If you want something a little more exotic than the usual Vegas-style party, then Las Vegas may be your best bet! The city has long been known for its extravagant shows and endless nightlife options. If you prefer a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere, then Miami Beach might be just what you need