Installing minimalist kitchen cabinets may be a significant task, whether you’ve completed the entire kitchen remodel project or simply want to save on labor. It should be a doable undertaking for an experienced DIYer. Even if you have not gained prior construction experience, you can complete this project if you are comfortable using an electric drill and screwdriver. We’ve put up this straightforward step-by-step guide to provide helpful tips and tricks for constructing your dream kitchen.
Learn all you need to know, from gathering the necessary equipment and materials to adding finishing touches such as cabinet doors and hardware.
● Make a plan for completing the project before pulling out the tape measure. Remember the following:
● Schedule at least a full day. DIY contemporary walnut kitchen cabinet installation takes time, especially if you want to do it well.
● Enlist the assistance of a friend or two. Several critical steps require the aid of another person.
● At each stage, double-check your measurements. Most floors and walls are uneven, which may not be evident to the human eye. Therefore, you cannot extrapolate or assume your dimensions. Even if it’s only slightly off, you’ll notice when the project is completed.
Gut the kitchen and remove any existing cabinets before installing new ones. This will provide you with a clean workspace and help you keep organized. Follow this procedure step by step:
● To reduce the possibility of an accident, turn off the electricity, gas, and plumbing lines.
● Remove the cabinet doors, drawers, and any other kitchen equipment attached to the cabinets.
● Remove the cabinet’s sink, cabinet toe-kick, countertop, and molding.
● Take the screw out of the cabinet face frames.
● Pull the cabinet out by unscrewing it from the wall. Repeat for the remaining cabinets.
While we make every effort to guarantee that your cabinets arrive in pristine shape, damage can occur occasionally during delivery. To avoid unpleasant surprises during installation, verify the order as soon as it arrives. Here are a few pointers to help you have a good time:
● Check for missing or broken products and note them on the driver’s bill of lading, which is the receipt you are given upon delivery.
● If you suspect hidden damage due to damaged shipment crates, note this on the bill of lading.
● Any claims received within seven days of delivery will be acknowledged and replaced (or repaired) as soon as feasible (typical lead time is seven to fourteen business days).
The next step is to measure your cabinets and mark guidelines once you have all the measurements. Here’s how to mark guidelines step by step:
When marking guidelines, begin with the base cabinets.
Begin at the highest point of the floor. This is because starting from deeper spots can result in a misalignment in your arrangement.
After noting the top and bottom of the tallest point, draw a guideline across the wall using your pencil from those two spots. When you begin installing your base cabinets, they will be placed between these lines.
The next step is to mark the upper cabinet guidelines. Set the upper cabinet’s bottom a few centimeters above the tops of the base cabinets you marked.
Cut, fit, and attach the toe-kick boards to the bases to complete the contemporary walnut kitchen cabinets. They’ll be 4 inches broad, but you may need to rip them narrower to fit on uneven flooring. Add a base shoe shaped to fit the floor if you have significant gaps between the floor and the toe kicks. For a good appearance, run the toe-kick boards 1/4 in. past the cabinet where the ends are finished. Finish by reattaching the doors and sliding the drawers into their slides. Adjust the hinges until the doors are aligned, then insert the door and drawer pulls.
Take your time on the finishing touches. Choosing knobs or pulls (or both) can make a significant difference in the final look of your kitchen. Dry fitting various samples on your installed minimalist kitchen cabinets might assist you in making a final design selection.