Setting up Wavlink AV500 Powerline extender is a breeze! With its wireless range extension capability, it provides reliable internet connectivity for high-bandwidth activities like 4K HD video streaming, online gaming, and more. Simply follow the easy Wavlink AV500 Powerline setup process to connect to your Wi-Fi router/AP, and you’ll be able to enjoy a high-quality wireless network for your smartphones, PCs, laptops, and other devices. Let’s get started with the Wavlink AV500 Powerline setup now!
Wavlink AV500 Extender Setup
Wavlink AV500 powerline setup via WPS setup:
In the case of your Wavlink setup utilising WPS, you must complete each step sequentially.
- To avoid disruptions, connect your Wavlink AV500 extender to the power source and place it near your router.
- After around 45 seconds, an LED indicator begins to blink.
- Now, press the WPS button on the router and unlock it once the router’s light blinks to indicate that it is ready to connect.
- Once the flickering light indicating the connection to the router is observed, the WPS button is pressed.
- After the blinking light ceases, it can be inferred that the configuration of the Wavlink AV500 extender is now connected to the router.
- You may now use this extender to increase your wireless signals wherever you choose.
Wavlink AV500 powerline Setup via access point
Here you can find the Wavlink AV500 powerline setup method as an Access Point.The method will be shared one by one, and this data will be sufficient for your assistance.
- Attach your AV500 repeater’s power supply.
- Toggle the Access Point switch and attach the router’s Ethernet connection to the LAN port on the extender.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi list on your computer and connect the Extender to the default Wi-Fi network.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.10.1 or ap.setup.
- Request a login and password to access a web tab. In both places, select ‘admin’ and press the ‘Login’ button.
- To open the next Wavlink Extender setup screen, go to Wizard -> Choose Access Point.
- Create a new password, security from, and SSID.
- The completion of the progress meter is awaited until it is completely filled, after which an additional 60 seconds are waited for, for further progress.
- After setting and rebooting, the Wavlink AV500 repeater can now act as an Access Point.
Wavlink Extender setup via Web Browser
Wavlink extender configuration using a Web browser to configure the Wavlink AV500 powerline setup. These steps will assist you in completing the configuring procedure.
- Connect the power source to your Wavlink extender and router, making sure they are close together.
- Wait 45 seconds after attaching the unit to the socket for the LED light to blink.
- Connect to Wavlink’s 2.4 GHz default network in your mobile/computer Wi-Fi list.
- The developers have scheduled the launch of the new web browser on the computer or mobile device to which you are currently connected.
- Launch the configuration UI for the Wavlink extender. Please use the default login and password of ‘admin.’
- Choose your language. Click the login button.
- In the next tab, you will be asked to select your country, time zone, and a new password.The most recently typed password will be used the next time you log in.
- Launch the Wavlink Web UI, select Repeater mode from the Wizard menu, locate and pick your Wi-Fi host network, input a password, and then press ‘Connect.’
- Wait until the progress metre is full, then wait 40-60 seconds for more.
- When the flashing LED light returns to steady, the setup is complete.
Wavlink AV500 powerline firmware update
To update the firmware for your Wavlink AV500 Powerline adapter, you can follow these steps:
- Connect your computer to one of the Powerline adapters using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and type in the default IP address for your Wavlink AV500 adapter.
- Enter the default login credentials for the adapter. These are typically “admin” for the username and “admin” for the password. If these do not work, consult the user manual for the correct login information.
- Once you have logged in, look for an option to update the firmware. This may be located under a “Settings” or “Management” tab.
- Download the latest firmware update from the Wavlink website and save it to your computer.
- Locate the firmware update option in the adapter’s web interface and select the downloaded firmware file.
- To finish the firmware upgrade procedure, follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: It is important to not unplug or disconnect the adapter during the firmware update process, as this can cause permanent damage to the device.
Troubleshooting steps for wavlink AV500 powerline setup
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow for Wavlink AV500 powerline setup:
- Check the Powerline Adapters: Ensure that you plug in both Powerline Adapters correctly and confirm that they are receiving power.
- Check the Network Cables:Please ensure that you securely connect the network cables to the Powerline Adapters and other network devices.Also, verify that the cables are not damaged or broken.
- Check the Electrical Wiring: Verify that the electrical wiring in your home or office is in good condition and properly grounded.
- Reset the Powerline Adapters: Try resetting the Powerline Adapters to their default settings by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Update Firmware: Check if there is an available firmware update for your Powerline Adapters. If there is, download and install it to ensure that the Powerline Adapters are up to date with the latest improvements and bug fixes.
- Change the Powerline Adapters’ Location: Try moving the Powerline Adapters to different electrical outlets in your home or office.
- Disable Other Electrical Devices: Try turning off or unplugging other electrical devices that may cause interference, such as microwave ovens or cordless phones.
- Contact Wavlink Support: If none of the above steps work, contact Wavlink support for further assistance.
Common issues for wavlink AV500 powerline setup
Some common issues that users may experience when setting up a Wavlink AV500 powerline network include:
- Poor signal strength: One of the most common issues with powerline networks is poor signal strength.
- Slow speeds: Another common issue is slow network speeds. Several factors can cause this issue, including weak signal strength, significant distance between the powerline adapters, and interference from other electrical devices.
- Connection drops: Connection drops in powerline networks can occur due to various factors, including interference from other electrical devices, problems with the electrical wiring in the building, or issues with the powerline adapters themselves.
- Incompatibility: It’s important to ensure that the powerline adapters are compatible with each other and with other devices on the network. Incompatibility issues can cause connectivity problems and other issues.
- Security concerns: Powerline networks can potentially be accessed by unauthorised users, so it’s important to ensure that the network is secured with strong passwords and encryption to prevent unauthorised access.
Reset process for wavlink AV500 powerline
To reset the Wavlink AV500 Powerline, you need to follow these steps:
1. Disconnect the powerline adapter from the power outlet.
2. Press and hold the reset button on the adapter for 10 seconds.
3. Reconnect the adapter to the power outlet and wait for the power light to turn green.
4. You should now reset the powerline adapter.